We help our clients find world-class scientific talents that deliver high-quality contributions to their companies. Connecting people who have strong aptitude and passion for their work with companies that share their vision and values - this is why we do what we do.
This position is an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor at one of the biggest biobanking institutions in the world.
We are looking for a seasoned business executive with a strategic-level track record to fill a position of:
Head of CDMO services/ATMP manufacturing
Europe (3 locations of manufacturing)
The role of the Head of CDMO is to take over the existing team and organise, build and develop the CDMO business unit. It’s a critical position for the future development of the company. It requires a strategic view and hands-on experience to strengthen business development activities and all operations on the European market.
The purpose of the position is to create strong revenue for the Company by building a new service segment dedicated to pharma and biotech clients.
You will be a part of the Key Leadership Team, reporting to the CEO and working closely with other C-level executives.
You must possess management, leadership and strategic skills and accomplishments in the industrial setting.
- Full P&L responsibility for the new CDMO unit of the group;
- Setting and finetuning a dedicated segment strategy for the coming years and execution thereof. The strategy will need to be aligned with the pre-existing operational set-up, Capex plans, and market trends;
- Overseeing and taking charge of hiring new staff for the division and shaping it into a standalone (viable) business;
- Managing a team of employees – making sure all the resources are leveraged to advance the segment;
- Driving divisional sales and setting up the right relationships for the business;
- Lead potential inorganic growth strategy in this segment (including target selection, integration etc.);
- Additional, optional duties:
o Optimization of processes within the joint Group, in particular supervising projects in optimisation of operational processes, cost reduction and synergy realisation;
o Development of joint purchasing processes and shared services centers of the Group where applicable;
o Indirect supervision (through management boards of the subsidiaries) over the activities of local departments and / or persons involved in the operations of the Capital Group companies.
- Degree in life sciences would be a plus, but it’s not necessary;
- Strong international experience in the development of CDMO / CMO / CRO services in the biotech/pharma sector;
- Robust leadership experience as a global business leader of a business unit / small and medium CDMO / CMO company (build and develop services and operations for biotech /biopharma clients);
- Proven people management experience;
- Broad knowledge of life science business and its specificity, including regulatory affairs;
- Fluency in English;
- Readiness for frequent travels.
Would you like to hear more and discuss this unique opportunity and make a difference in novel therapies?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please, apply using our fast recruitment system: