ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on the recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and Medtech industries.
We are pleased to invite you to apply to the position of
Principal Investigator / Scientist Leader / Medicinal Chemistry in Drug Discovery - oncology
Location: Basel, Switzerland and/or Wrocław, Poland
The role of a Principal Investigator / Scientist Leader / Medicinal Chemistry in Drug Discovery is for an experienced medicinal chemist to lead team and all the aspects of medicinal chemistry with special emphasis on hit-to-lead and lead optimization campaigns in the area of Targeted Protein Degradation.
• Active contribution to project development in the area of drug discovery and development,
• Data analysis in the areas of FBLG, SBDD, DMPK, and molecular modelling,
• Close support of medicinal chemists (both internal and outsourced), cancer biologist, and biophysicist),
• Reporting results to SVP Chemistry and CSO,
• Effective communication with CROs and consultants,
• Management and mentoring of small team of researchers executing the project,
• Literature search and analysis in the area of project interest including patent writing and analysis.
• PhD in medicinal or organic chemistry,
• Laboratory postdoctoral experience in research institutes and/or industry (minimum 5 years),
• Experience in the methods of synthetic and medicinal chemistry,
• Proven track record of Hit-2-Lead and Lead Optimization projects,
• Experience in small team management,
• Knowledge of patent writing and patent analysis,
• Knowledge of SBDD and FBDD methods in drug discovery is considered as a great benefit,
• Knowledge of computational methods and workflow automation is welcomed,
• Fluent English,
• Independence in conceptual and laboratory work,
• Ability to travel once/twice a month to Wroclaw site (HQ) in Poland
• Having direct impact on drug discovery and development projects in difficult-to-drug molecular targets,
• Full-time employment in a quickly growing outstanding biotechnological company,
• Opportunities for a constant professional development,
• Multiple trainings for the employees,
• External trainings, conferences, workshops,
• Friendly work environment with high-level science.
• Office in Basel with business trips to Wroclaw (HQ).