ExecMind, a Life Science Executive Search company, connects globally high-profile scientists and executives with senior and leadership roles in the Life Science industry.
Together with a global biotechnology company, we are looking for a
In-House Lawyer / Polish or German employment and corporate law
Location: Poland or Germany
Together with an innovative biotech company with HQ in the USA and operational sites in Europe, we are looking for an established Lawyer in Legal and Compliance Department.
The roles deals mostly with local labour law and contracting and collaborates with European and USA colleagues. Your will contribute to employment relations, business deals and mergers & acquisition processes across European sites.
- Provide pragmatic advice on a range of employment-related issues relevant for local jurisdiction in Europe e.g. Poland, Germany (human resource issues, labor relationship, employee-leave matters, employee benefits legal and compliance matters, employment-related grievances, and policy compliance)
- Advise Human Resources management and other business representatives on a day-to-day basis on a variety of highly confidential and time sensitive information; work with business clients to resolve employment-related issues, including personnel decisions, leave and accommodation requests, investigations, employee mobility requests and related formalities/documents required, legal requirements, and best practices
- Contributing to the Company’s global compliance and privacy programs, including drafting and reviewing policies, best practices, guidelines, tools, and programs that align with and advance the Company’s strategy, values, and business goals, including the Company’s diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Support the Company’s mergers and acquisitions as requested, including supporting employment-related due diligence and post-closing integration efforts
- Collaboration with local law offices.
- Proactively identify and resolve legal, proactively monitor changes in the legal landscape that impact the Company; develop best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks; provide training when appropriate.
- Qualified lawyer in good standing in at least one European jurisdiction (preferred Poland or Germany)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an in-house attorney within a commercial environment, operating in multiple jurisdictions, focusing on employment-related legal support and acting as a partner to the Human Resources and business clients;
- Practical experience in at least one of European geographies (Poland, Germany, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania) is required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop solutions and recommendations and facilitate process changes, quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability and willingness to interact with employees and non-employees at all levels to ascertain information, relay information, resolve conflict, establish rapport, remain courteous, influence decisions, clarify capabilities and propose solutions
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stay on task in a fast-paced work environment, managing varying legal demands across numerous subject areas
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the “big picture” in a cross-border context, as well as the relationships between detailed and specific legal and business issues
- Fluent in English and other European language
- Full-time contract and competitive salary
- Possibility of a partly remote work
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment in one the most innovative global industry - Life Sciences.
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.
Please, apply using our fast recruitment system: