ExecMind, a Life Science Executive Search company, connects globally high-profile scientists and executives with senior and managerial roles in the Life Science industry.
Together with a leading Biotechnology Scientific Centre based in Central Europe, we are looking for a
Business Development Director – R&D biotech services - Europe
Location: Poland, Wroclaw
Together with a leading Polish Research Institution, we are looking for an experienced individual for a strategic position of Business Development Director in the biotech industry whose main task will be to create an international sales team and its structure to build a portfolio of R&D services and introduce it first to European markets. Part of the job will also be a close cooperation with the Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center and other organizational units and taking an active part in creating a strategy for the entire sales process at the Institute.
• Preparation of a strategy for the Center services portfolio in terms of the international sales, analysis of the markets, relationships with strategic partners with responsibility for P&L of the business development team.
• Identification of Center technologies, scientific talents and research opportunities to build a competitive R&D biotech services portfolio on the European market.
• Establishing and maintaining scientific and business contacts within biotech companies, research centers and academia to identify sales opportunities for Center R&D services and research collaboration.
• Leading business and supporting R&D negotiations.
• Building the image of the Institute through participation in external events, conferences, partnering, etc.
• Ms or PhD education in biology, biotechnology, medicine or a related field.
• Proven experience in a similar position (e.g. Sales Director, Business Development Director) in the development of R&D services in biotech / Life Science is a must.
• Strong leadership experience in building and developing teams on an international level.
• In-depth understanding of research processed related to drug discovery and development, solid knowledge of the market, its trends and legal and commercial environment.
• Commercial awareness in biotech partnered with a strategic mindset.
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial / budgeting processes.
• Fluency in English.
• Full-time contract.
• Competitive salary with a set of benefits (co-financed additional medical coverage, sports activities and vacation).
• Exciting adventure in building a successful team dedicated to developing an R&D biotech services portfolio with great international exposure.
• A strategic position with great impact on the whole Center.
• Work in a scientific organization focused on the implementation of innovative, prestigious research and development projects.
• Support in formalities to legalize work in Poland and in relocation.
• Access to state-of-the-art equipment in the core facilities.
• A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
• Administrative and organizational support.
• The role is based in beautiful Wroclaw - repeatedly placed among the top 100 cities in the world for the Mercer Quality of Living Survey.
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.
Please, apply using our fast recruitment system.