ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on the recruitment of top scientists and scientific leaders in the global biotech and MedTech industries.
Together with a leading Polish Research Institution, we are looking for an experienced and established:
Principal Investigator in Center for Population Diagnostics / Epidemiology, Infectious diseases, virology
Location: Poland, Wroclaw
The newly established Center for Population Diagnostics conducts research in the field of modern diagnostics and stands on three pillars: the scientific competence of a large and diverse team, unique infrastructure and equipment of the Institute and massive crisis diagnostics capabilities.
We are looking for established scientists who can propose a bold research program related to one of the three core areas at the Center for Population Diagnostics and has a clear long-term vision to establish their research group. The desired candidate has research experience in one or more of the following topics:
Epigenetics of infectious diseases
Transformation systems for pathogens
The PI will have access to the core laboratories of the Center for Population Diagnostics (BSL3, Microbiology and Medical Diagnostic Laboratories) and to facilities within Life Sciences and Biotechnology Center (e.g. Bioimaging Laboratory, Cell Analysis Laboratory, Spectroscopic and Spectrometric Laboratory and Biobank) and Material Science and Engineering Center (e.g. Materials Technology Laboratory, Structures and Materials Research Laboratory, Chemical Analysis and Spectroscopy Laboratory).
• Creation and implementation of a research program in the field of modern diagnostics
• Ensuring scientific excellence of research works carried out in the implemented projects
• Ensuring active and transparent cooperation within the research team
• Building your own research team
• Active participation in obtaining external funds for the research
• Attending conferences and workshops and bringing knowledge to the research
• Publishing in high-impact journals
• Building a strong scientific network, establishing collaborations – promoting a collaborative attitude among group members
· Ph.D. in the area of infectious disease biology, pathogen biology, or related discipline
· Post-doctoral training in the area corresponding with one of the core areas of Center for Population Diagnostics
· Proven experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills
· Scientific achievements commensurate with the years of experience (demonstrated by publications/patents)
· Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g. grant applications, funds from the industry)
• Fluency in English.
• Full-time contract of employment with 36 days of paid holidays annually
• Attractive salary with an extended set of benefits and relocation package
• Funding for setting up a research group and an annual research budget for at least 3 years of research
• Access to the state-of-the-art research equipment and apparatus
• Opportunity to join an ambitious, developing organization that aims to be a leading research institute in Europe, on a position directly involved in creating the vision of the institution
• Dynamic work environment focused on applied research and commercialization
• A highly independent position.
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.