ExecMind, a Life Science Executive Search company, connects globally high-profile scientists and executives with senior and managerial roles in the Life Science industry.
Together with a Polish innovative biotech company we are looking for an experienced and established:
Leader of Molecular Biology
Location: Lublin, Poland
Due to the advanced R&D work in the area of diagnostics (including breast cancer), the company plans to strengthen its molecular biology team which is currently implementing 3 projects in the field of enzyme immunoassays.
The position will require competencies related to both laboratory work (e.g. production of antibodies with their characteristics and recombinant proteins in bacterial systems) as well as conducting R&D projects, taking into account deadlines, budget and product development to the commercialization phase.
· Overseeing daily work of biologists and technicians focused on the product development;
· Working in the lab planning and executing immunochemical and biochemical assays;
· Coordinating work of scientists and associates to meet the company and project timelines;
· Working within the interdisciplinary team;
· Utilizing expert knowledge on immunochemistry, viral infections, and diagnostics;
· Accomplished Biologist/Immunologist with a PhD degree and experience in leading a project or a team;
· Strong experience as a Scientific Leader in the diagnostic area (immunochemistry/immunology field)
· Technical experience in the area of pre-clinical and clinical diagnostic research;
· Hands-on experience in development and validation of in vitro assays aimed to verify target binding;
· Experience in basic molecular biology techniques (cell culture, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays, western blot and ELISA); protein-based in vitro activity assays is a must;
· Ability to carry out high-quality science, initiative and independence in performing experiments;
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
· Ability to organize work of the scientific team in diagnostics development projects;
· Flexibility and the ability to work in a goal-driven diagnostics discovery environment;
· Fluency in English;
· Desired previous experience in biotech product development.
· Full-time employment in a highly innovative, self-driven and growing biotech company;
· Attractive salary and benefits package;
· Friendly and open-minded work atmosphere;
· Delegation travels when necessary (domestic and abroad: EU and the USA)
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.