ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on the recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and Medtech industries.
We are pleased to invite you to apply to the position of
Principal Investigator - Bioinformatics - computational biology
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Together with a leading Research Institution based in Wroclaw, Poland, we are looking for an established leader, who will be responsible for establishing and leading a research group in the field of bioinformatics and computational biology.
The ideal candidate should possess proven management skills and demonstrate scientific excellence, leadership skills and propose a bold research program relevant to applications in the area of applied AI in life sciences.
· Position of an independent scientific leader, who will establish his/her own research group,
· Active cooperation with other teams in Biotechnology Department,
· Cooperation with other research facilities - companies, research institutes and universities,
· Applying for grants and ability to raise funds for project development,
· Managing budget of a research group,
· Mentoring and leading a team of younger scientists.
· Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in bioinformatics/computational biology,
· Demonstrated scientific achievements in bioinformatics/computational biology,
· Experience in scientific project management and staff supervision, experience in grant acquisition,
· Fluency in English,
· Experience in computing genetic, epigenetic and proteomics data would be preferred,
· Experience in big data, clinical data management and designing databases would be beneficial.
· Opportunity to join an ambitious, developing organization, which aims to be a leading research institute in Europe,
· Dynamic work environment focused on applied research and commercialization,
· A highly independent position, with an opportunity to attract and develop projects of choice, high level of autonomy in terms of scientific research,
· A possibility to build a new research team from scratch,
· Attractive salary with an extended set of bonuses and benefits incl. private medical care.
· Attendance in international conferences.