ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and medtech industries.
We are pleased to invite to apply to a position of
Principal Investigator - Bioinformatics
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Together with a leading Research Institution based in Wroclaw, Poland, we are looking for an established leader, who will be responsible for establishing and leading a research group in the field of bioinformatics and computational biology.
Ideal candidate should possess proven management skills and demonstrate scientific excellence, leadership skills and propose a bold research program relevant to applications in the area of applied AI in life sciences.
· Position of an independent scientific leader, who will establish his/her own research group,
· Active cooperation with other teams in Biotechnology Department,
· Cooperation with other research facilities - companies, research institutes and universities,
· Applying for grants and ability to raise funds for project development,
· Managing budget of a research group,
· Mentoring and leading a team of younger scientists.
· PhD and postdoctoral training in bioinformatics/computational biology,
· Demonstrated scientific achievements in bioinformatics/computational biology,
· Experience in scientific project management and staff supervision, experience in grant acquisition,
· Fluency in English,
· Experience in computing genetic, epigenetic and proteomics data would be preferred,
· Experience in big data, clinical data management and designing databases would be beneficial.
· Opportunity to join an ambitious, developing organization, which aims to be a leading research institute in Europe,
· Dynamic work environment, focused on applicable research and commercialization,
· A highly independent position, with an opportunity to attract and develop projects of choice, high level of autonomy in terms of scientific research,
· A possibility to build a new research team from scratch,
· Necessary working tools – mobile phone, laptop, etc.,
· Attractive salary with an extended set of bonuses and benefits incl. private medical care.
· Attendance in international conferences.