ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and medtech industries.
We are pleased to invite to apply to a position of
Head of BSL-3 Laboratory / newly established diagnostic centre
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Together with a leading Research Institution based in Wroclaw, Poland, we are looking for an established leader, who will be responsible for overseeing the works of our Client’s state-of-the-art and newly created BSL-3 laboratory. The Head of BSL-3 Laboratory will be heavily involved in organizing research and diagnostic works and as well as management and development of one of the top BSL-3 laboratories in Europe.
Ideal candidate should possess proven management skills and accomplishments in leading BSL-3 laboratory, as well as vast experience in managing teams and/or projects involved in diagnostic and laboratory works.
· Creating and implementing of the BSL-3 laboratory development strategy in the scientific and commercial context
· Active support in creating environment for cooperation with research groups at the national and international level
· Building and effective management of a laboratory team
· Management and organization of work in the laboratory, development of standard operating procedures and protocols for research; maintains and updates the biosafety standards and BSL-3 manuals to reflect current state-of-the-art biosafety practices
· Run and maintain the BSL-3 Laboratory, including conducting yearly inventories
· Supervision of work-flow documentation, biological material and research equipment (including purchasing of laboratory equipment, reagents, etc.).
· Performs surveys/audits of laboratory and practices to ensure appropriate microbiological work practices are performed, proper storage, management and disposal of regulated medical waste and appropriate standard operation procedures are implemented
· Develops appropriate training and educational materials pertaining to safety and biosafety, and maintains training database(s), as required
· Management of research and diagnostic laboratory work
· Maintaining the schedule for the internal and external staff using laboratory
· Laboratory budget management.
• Master’s or Ph.D. degree in life sciences (biology / microbiology, virology or similar)
• Proven scientific and laboratory experience in research of the pathogens (human and/ or animal) in BSL-3
• Experience in laboratory management and leadership
• Solid knowledge of regulations required by the law to run high contaminated laboratory
• Experience in laboratory internal and external audits will be a plus, as well as professional titles and state exams such as diagnostician or specialists in laboratory medicine.
• Fluency in English.
• A key position, with an opportunity to develop top diagnostic centre in Poland and Europe
• Opportunity to join an ambitious, developing organization, which aims to be a leading research institute in Europe
• Dynamic work environment, focused on applicable research and commercialization
• Attractive salary with an extended set of bonuses and benefits incl. private medical care, life-insurance, additionally paid holidays.
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process. If you are interested, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply button.