BE A PART OF GROUND-BREAKING CANCER THERAPY PROJECTS
ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and medtech industries.
We are proud to collaborate with an innovative biotechnology company, which is looking for:
Medicinal Chemistry Director
Together with an innovative European biotech company we are looking for an established and skilled scientific leader, with substantial experience in biotech industry who will play a strategic role in guiding the medicinal chemistry department, which operates in ligand-based and structure-based design of small molecules.
This position will be part of the leadership within discovery chemistry and oversees internal and external medicinal chemistry resources to advance small molecule drug discovery projects to critical decision-making milestones, from target validation, hit identification to clinical candidate selection.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone highly motivated and proactive, to join a Company developing world-changing therapies in oncology.
• Contribute to discovery chemistry global strategy, vision and operation.
• Leading chemistry team through good scientific judgement and smooth project execution in collaboration with cross functional research team.
• Active engagement in preclinical drug development.
• Stays informed on trends and emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of oncology and immuno-oncology.
• Communicates science and strategy effectively in a variety of internal and external settings.
• PhD in a relevant field – medicinal/organic/synthetic chemistry.
• Demonstrated track record of being a leader and a team player, with hands-on experience in leading science teams towards delivery of novel therapeutics.
• 10+ years of working experience in drug discovery/development in industry (pharma or biotech).
• Strong experience in lead generation strategies (structure-based, fragment-based drug design) and exposure to a broad range of therapeutic targets and chemical modalities.
• Excellent expertise in working with small molecule drug candidates, especially in oncology.
• In-depth expertise in preclinical drug development.
• Excellent and passionate research and development teams.
• Opportunity to work on ground-breaking pre-clinical drug discovery programs.
• Attractive salary and benefits package (e.g. private medical care, stock options).
• Friendly and open-minded work atmosphere.
• Relocation support if needed.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit CV by clicking the Apply button.