ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on the recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and Medtech industries.
Principal Investigator – Oncology / Immunology / Neuroscience
Together with a leading Polish Research Institution, we are looking for an established Principal Investigator, who will be responsible for finding and developing R&D projects from scratch in the field of oncology, immunology, or neuroscience and act as a Scientific Expert for our Client’s Biotechnology Centre.
The ideal candidates should possess proven scientific skills and accomplishments in one of the above-mentioned fields as well as international experience in leading projects for research institutes, academia, or the biotechnology industry. The candidate should be able to develop projects, aiming for potential commercial applications.
- Identification of new therapeutic targets in oncology, immunology, or neuroscience project management from the ground up as a Leader/Manager,
- Active cooperation with other teams in Biotechnology Centre,
- Cooperation with other research facilities - companies, research institutes and universities,
- Applying for grants and ability to raise funds for project development,
- Managing a budget of a research group,
- Mentoring and leading a team of younger scientists.
- Ph.D. degree in life sciences (biotechnology, biology, immunology, etc.),
- Minimum 3 years of postdoctoral experience – research institutes, academia or biotechnology industry, international experience is required,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading a research group and managing projects in drug discovery/diagnostic in the field of oncology, immunology, or neuroscience.
- Multiple publications in the field of oncology, immunology, or neuroscience.
- Knowledge of the procedure of applying for grants and ability to raise external projects,
- Excellent English knowledge,
- Experience in studying the effects of the microbiome on tumor growth would be considered beneficial.
- Opportunity to join an ambitious, developing organization, which aims to be a leading research institute in Europe,
- Dynamic work environment focused on applied research and commercialization,
- A highly independent position, with an opportunity to attract and develop projects of choice, a high level of autonomy in terms of scientific research,
- A possibility to build a new research team from scratch,
- Start-up package to establish your own research group.
- Attractive salary with an extended set of bonuses and benefits incl. private medical care and sportscard,
- Attendance in international conferences.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit a CV by clicking the Apply button. It takes less than 30 seconds.
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.