ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search firm helping to attract the best executive talents from the global market.
Currently, we are looking for highly-experienced individuals for one of the fast-developing biotechnology firm in Poland for the role of:
Chief Scientific Officer
We are collaborating with medium-size drug discovery & development company based in central Poland, where you can find highly-growing Life Sciences economy. The company has decided to create a new position of Chief Scientific Officer who will manage discovery and development efforts for small molecules in the therapeutic areas as oncology, respiratory and NASH.
This role also involves strategic leadership in R&D, as well as broad expertise in management of early stage research programs and directing target discovery and validation activities.
CSO as a key member of the senior leadership team.
Candidates for the CSO position should possess strong leadership skills and the ability to define the scientific direction for biology, medicinal chemistry, and development. Knowledge and experience relevant for design and revisions of the clinical development strategy for small molecule assets is highly required.
• Fulfill the company’s mission and strategic objectives by advancing assets through pre-clinical and early clinical development.
• Formulate and supervise the overall research & development strategy of the company including all phases of discovery, preclinical and early clinical development.
• Supervise key discovery experiments and development processes to advance company’s pipeline programs towards the envisioned preclinical and clinical development milestones.
• Establish research priorities, resourcing and scientific outcomes to achieve the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervise the interactions with external academic, biotech and contract research organizations (CRO), engage external research environment and establish collaborations consistent with internal strategies.
• Mentor and develop direct R&D reports, oversee and supervise the company’s IP portfolio for its R&D pipeline.
• 15 + years of experience in international biotech industry or pharmaceutical industry and/or
in the last 5-10 years in managerial positions, preferably with a track record of advancing discovery projects into early clinical development.
• Understanding of the principles underlying drug discovery of NCEs ranging from biological target engagement, preclinical and clinical biomarkers, translational studies and PK/PD relationships.
• Strong publication or patenting track record, at least 10 years’ experience in drug discovery with a good understanding of both discovery and preclinical and early clinical development.
• Education background - from molecular biology and pharmacology through biomedicine, biochemistry or or medicine with a research career, preferred therapeutic area are respiratory and fibrotic diseases and/or oncology.
• Experience with small-molecule new chemical entities and novel targets.
• Contract of employment.
• Highly attractive salary connected with stock options and performance-related bonuses;
• Necessary working tools – laptop, mobile phone etc.
• Benefits such as private healthcare etc.
• Business travels.
• Relocation support also for your family.