ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company connecting life sciences companies with world-class scientists and visionary leaders.
We partner with our clients to find world-class scientific and business talents that deliver high-quality contributions to their companies. Connecting people with strong aptitude and passion for their work with companies that share their vision and values is why we do what we do.
Currently, for our Client, we seek
Business Development Manager / Cell Cultures Technologies
Location: Krakow, Poland
Our Client is an innovative biotech startup focused on cell culture technology. Their unique product, patented in 2020, addresses the increasing demand for new solutions in the biotechnology sector, particularly in vitro research. The vast applications include biopharmaceutical manufacturing, tissue culture and engineering, gene therapy, and cytogenetics.
We seek a hands-on professional with skills and experience to build the business development plan, acquire new customers and achieve sales goals.
Vital business acumen and entrepreneurial attitude will be the key competencies to succeed in a dynamic startup company environment.
- Prepare and implement a plan for international sales.
- Establish and maintain relationships with decision-makers in biotech and biopharma companies (including drug discovery and development, CROs, CDMOs and others).
- Identify and market the unique product's value proposition and complementary services in the European market.
- Deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Prepare offers and commercial proposals for clients and partners and lead negotiations.
- Acquire clients through various activities, including direct contacts and participation in industry events and conferences.
- Track return on investment regarding participation in specific conferences, events, etc.
- Implement a sales pipeline and sales tracking system or software to allow reliable sales forecasts for the management board.
- Solid experience selling products or research services (e.g. scientific laboratory equipment for cellular/molecular biology research; high-end research services; research services like CROs, CDMOs) dedicated to the biotech/biopharma industry internationally (EU and UK).
- MSc or PhD in Life Sciences or relevant industry experience.
- Strong network in biotech/biopharma.
- In-depth understanding of research processes related to drug discovery and development, solid knowledge of the market, its trends and up-to-date commercial environment.
- Willingness to learn and ability to explain new experimental techniques to the clients.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and for extensive business travels.
- Skilled in collaboration with ambitious, scientific, and business-driven people.
- Fluent in English with solid scientific vocabulary.
- Working in a highly innovative, self-driven and stable biotech company.
- Competitive salary package and benefits.
- High level of decisiveness by taking responsibility for the outcomes.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Friendly and inspiring atmosphere at work.
We are happy to discuss the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.
Apply using our recruitment system: