We help our clients find world-class scientific talents that deliver high-quality contributions to their companies. Connecting people who have strong aptitude and passion for their work with companies that share their vision and values - this is why we do what we do.
We are looking for a position of:
Location: Poland, Europe / hybrid work
We are working with a US and Poland-based company which works with breakthrough technology based on the rapid detection of test substances in the body, including cancer markers, with particular accuracy, using laser beams and innovative components.
We are looking for a Biosensor Designer to develop highly sensitive biosensors in the medical area. As Biosensor Designer, you will be responsible for bringing together the best sensor technologies on the market into a single device. If you love science and enjoy working with cutting-edge technologies, this is the job for you.
Join the company with renowned experts in biology, optoelectronics, medicine, advanced technologies, chemistry, biomedical engineering, and related sciences. The team has medical knowledge with technical skills to create technologies that can revolutionize global healthcare diagnostics.
- Designing and prototyping sensors in various technologies.
- Setting research directions for new sensors/biosensors and prototyping for tests to confirm their usefulness.
- Choosing the type of sensor and designing the sensor, making a prototype (together with the R&D team, but also with teams at universities in Poland or the world - which involves the need to know the capabilities of research groups in research units), according to the assumed goals of detection of given substances/molecules, etc.
- Appropriate selection of measurement data acquisition methods and support of the R&D team in this area.
- Planning experiments (tests) to verify the sensor's function at each stage of its production and the final application stage.
- Degree in Engineering: Physics, Optophysics or similar.
- Good knowledge of the market and trends of biosensors and fiber optic sensors.
- Several years of experience in designing fiber optic sensors (photonic part) including biosensors (experience in other sensors technologies are welcome).
- Experience in performing optical measurements (transmission, reflection).
- The ability to plan experiments and verify the sensor at every stage of production.
- Good knowledge of optical fiber physical phenomena.
- Knowledge of analytical and statistical techniques in the development of measurement data.
- Several years of experience in research work in the industry and awareness of the company's business assumptions, organizational requirements, and the ability to work in a business (non-academic) environment, awareness of the economic efficiency of proposed projects.
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills.
- Welcomed: knowledge of LabView and materials and components used for automated layering.
- Working in a highly innovative, self-driven, and growing biotech company using state-of-the-art diagnostic technology.
- Hybrid model of work.
- Competitive package and great atmosphere.
- Impact on creating science and business-driven community.
We would be happy to discuss the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.
Please, apply using our fast recruitment system: